Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Different Ways of Advertisement

Since my sister and I were on spring break, my parents decided to have some break from the mundane life. Yesterday and the day before, I was in San Francisco with my family. We took turns on driving there and coming back to home. When I was there, I was amazed on everything that was there. It was much busier and crowded city compared to our city. We rode on the cable cars and walked along the piers.

When I was walking on the piers, I saw many stores that were selling little memorable monuments that resembled San Francisco. What caught my eyes the most were the T-shirts that had “I heart SF”. It was inside of a cube that was made of glass. It was like if the shirt was the best thing that the store had. I went into the store to see the shirt in detail. It felt like that shirt had some kind of different texture. Then one of the workers came up to me and asked if I want that shirt. I told her I wanted it. It felt good because I thought I had the best shirt in the world. I was happy that I was getting a shirt that was really good. When I came back home from San Francisco, I looked into the car and searched for the bag that had the shirt. When I found the bag, I brought them into my room. I took the shirt out and laid it on the floor. When I looked at it, it felt different. It just looked like a normal shirt that I would see from my closet. I was discouraged.

When we go to the mall, we always fall for the store’s trick. Everything in the store looks good and nice. However, when people bring the clothes back to their home, it does not look the same as before. We think that we got the same shirt but we get the different feeling. The clothing stores always have a good lighting effect on the shirt. Even the normal shirts look good in the stores. Also the workers are pushing you to buy them. They always say, “It looks good on you”. However, the truth is that they say that to all the customers to make them buy the shirt. We go through the clothing stores all the time, but we always fall for the trick that they have for us. We should always give a second thought on buying clothes.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate to your blog. Whenever I find a t-shirt that appeal to my eyes, I immediately try them on in one of the dressing rooms. When i wear them, the lighting and the size of the mirror deceive me by making me look skinnier and taller than my real self. Once I try them on at home in front my bathroom mirror, I get disappointed and at times, angry for getting fooled by the company.
    Besides the whole lighting effect and the mirrors, I think that sometimes it’s our human nature to lose interest in things that we gain. Before we purchase the items that we want to buy, we think to ourselves that we will be satisfied if we just have them in our own hands. Once we purchase them, however, we desire them to exceed our expectations more, bringing disappointment to our senses. Overall, it was interesting to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete