Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Albertos

Yesterday, I was wondering what I should eat for lunch. I was looking inside of the refrigerator and there were nothing. Then I remembered what my friend told me last week to try the burrito at Albertos. So I called Yong, from our English 100 class, to go get some burrito for lunch. We went to Albertos to get some burrito. We went in to Albertos and ordered Alburto’s Burrito. There was something different about this burrito than other burritos. Their burrito had eggs, beacon, cheese, and ham inside, just like any other burritos. However, something was different about this burrito. They had fresh cut potatoes inside of them. They were chunks of them. It was not soggy and mushy. It gave me this fresh biting feeling that I have never felt before from any other soggy burritos. The price was cheap and very tasty.
It was different from Americanized burrito like in Del Taco or Taco Bell. They had their own unique Mexican feeling inside of the restaurant and from the taste of the burritos. Then I thought people in different region of Mexico will have different types of burritos. By changing what is inside of burritos, they can make thousands of possibilities. You can have only vegetables and call it a “vegeburrito”. Also you can put meat, pork, and chicken at all once in a burrito, and then call it “fusion burrito”.
Mexican people made the burritos in a really flexible way. People could change what it is inside of it and have the different types of burritos. Like the burritos, many people are greatly affected by what they eat. Different parts of the region are acting differently because the way they eat. By doing many blogs throughout the semester, I have learned that everyone is sharing the same food together. They learn more cultural aspect of others easily by just sharing their traditional food to others. Like how the burritos are open to everyone to change what is the inside, everyone is open to each other to change their thoughts and personalities in a broad multicultural person.

No comments:

Post a Comment