Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Aqua

I was bored at night so I turned on the television for something fun to watch. I was skipping channels for something exciting and fun. There was nothing really fun to watch to get my attention. Right before I was about to turn off my television, I saw a commercial about saving water. The commercial was saying that we are lacking clean water and we should save water instead of wasting them. I was watching that commercial and said, “What is this commercial talking about? I thought the whole earth was filled with water.” I thought that commercial was false information. I think the people who are making commercials are not really paying attention to what is right or wrong. We have so much water in the ocean and we can use that water.

However, the truth was all different. I went online to see what the problem with clean water is. Currently right now many people are not getting access to clean water. The site stated that each year we are getting 19.5 million people infected by the bacteria from the water. Without clean water, humans will be infected with many diseases. Due to global warming and droughts, we are lacking more water each year. I was surprised to see that we are really lacking clean water. I never thought of the clean water issue until now. Since the Earth is filled with water, many people think that we have abundant amount of water. However, we should save water because the ocean water is not drinkable.

Before reading and watching about the clean water issue, I always wasted clean water by just throwing away a half full water bottle into the trash can. Also I always turned on the water for about five minutes before I shower. I always thought that water is not important because we have so much of it. This commercial got me think that water is really important and we should save what we have because water is one of the most important element of our life. We should save clean water before we run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment