Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Strawberries

After waking up from tiring night, I was very hungry and feeling something to fill my stomach. I looked inside the refrigerator for something good. There was nothing that can make my stomach full. In the corner top inside of the refrigerator I saw some strawberries. Red and green color attracted me with great a desire. I grabbed the bucket that had full of strawberries. I did not what to do with it. Then I remembered that my sister had used to make smoothie out of it. So I cut the top of the strawberries and put them inside of the mixer. I poured some milk inside to make the smoothie. After the mixer was mixing for about twenty seconds, I took the smoothie out of the mixer and drank it. It was very delicious. I was not full so I grabbed the rest of the strawberries and ate them.
After finishing all the strawberries on the bucket, I was thinking critically about the strawberries, “hmm… The strawberries are good but what are the benefits of it?” After thinking like that, I went on internet and looked up for the health benefits of strawberries. The site stated that strawberries have high amount of Vitamin C and phytonutrients and antioxidants. I was like confused about the phytonutrients and antioxidants. I read on and they are job is to fight radicals. Then I was more confused because I did not know what radicals were. Radicals are elements that damages cells and had many effects of cancer. After reading the journal at the website, I got to know much more about the strawberries. I did not know these small strawberries are really good to our body. I always thought that the nasty and yucky taste foods were good for your health, but I found that these tasty strawberries were good for our body too.
Since the strawberries are good for our body, I looked for many ways I can have my strawberries taste delicious. I saw you can eat it just fresh from garden after cleaning, making smoothie out of it, putting them into a salad bowl, and many more. Since small strawberries are really good for our body and delicious, we should eat a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment