Saturday, February 21, 2009

Coffee

I wake up every morning with feeling something is stuck on my throat. Also I feel very sluggish and sleepy because I always sleep late every night. That is why I always go to Starbucks in the morning to get some fresh cup of a coffee. I always order Espresso at Starbucks to start out my day. The smell of coffee is very sweet. The smell makes me feel like I am on this very comfortable bed with some fresh fragrance. When I walk past any coffee shop, the smell of coffee makes me want to stay there for a bit and take a rest. It also makes a person calm from high temper. When I am mad sometimes, I go to the coffee shops because the smell of coffee calms me down. Nothing is more soothing than a cup of fresh cup of a coffee.

Not only drinking cup of a coffee in the morning but also when you are studying at night, it helps a lot to stay up late. During the finals week, I always drink cup of a coffee to stay awake. Those energy drinks are really not tasty but coffees are really delicious and also help to stay awake. Also coffees contain less sugar and calories than energy drinks such as Monster. I do not drink Monster because after drinking Monster, my body starts to quiver like I was outside on a rainy day.

But why do people drink coffee in the morning to start off their day? I was really curious. I mean people say “oh it contains caffeine so it will make your body moving in the morning.” I knew caffeine is in there but I really wanted to know what caffeine doing to our body. So I went on and did some research. I found out that the caffeine is dealing many types of stress to the brain and to protect the brain, there are many neural activity and by increasing blood flow. I did not know the caffeine is actually dealing stress to the brain to make our body stimulate. I thought it was just giving more energy to make our body move.

No comments:

Post a Comment