Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dangerous Chocolates

Having nothing to do at Saturday, I called my friends and asked them if they wanted to go to the Chocolate Festival that our English teacher told us. Since all of friends are big fan of chocolates, everyone wanted to go. The poster said the entrance fee was ten dollars. It was a descent price for eating whole bunch of chocolates I guessed. Since it was like a festival, I thought they would block the whole street and do the festival but it was different. With ten dollars, you get 12 tickets and you can buy any chocolates from different stores down the Second Street with you tickets. It felt like I was in elementary school buying things with ticket.

Down the Second Street, there were many different kinds of chocolates: Brownies, Chocolate Dipped Strawberries, Pizookie, chocolates cupcakes, Gelato, Chocolate Yogurt, Chocolate Muffin, and more. Everything that is there was nothing but chocolates. All the chocolates were delicious. The street was filled with the smell of chocolates. As I told you that I am a big fan of chocolates, I ate many chocolates in there with my precious tickets. I ate until I got to this point where I was sick of the chocolates.

Chocolates are really sweet and delicious. I did not realize how many chocolates I have eaten. I was walking around and saw many dogs on the street. I was thinking I would be kind if I fed the dogs some sweet chocolates. So I went up to one of the dogs and tried to feed one. The owner of the dog stopped me with force immediately. I was wondering why he would stop me from giving this good chocolate to the dog. He just said you are stupid and walked away with his dog. I was really curious why he said that. So when I got back from the festival, I went on to looked up for chocolates. I was shocked when I reading all the websites about chocolates. All of them said that feeding chocolates animals such as horses, parrots, cats, and dogs because they cannot metabolize chocolates inside of their body. If they took some of the chocolates, it would stay in their bloodstreams for 20 hours and might cause heart attacks or seizers. This made me feel sad for the animals because they cannot eat these delicious chocolates that we are eating. Chocolates could really harm animals even if they have little bite out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Now I wish that I had taken the time to go to the chocolate festival. It sounds like heaven because, like you, I am a huge fan of chocolate. Except, I have never had so much good chocolate that I was sick of it. That good, eh?

    If anything, some chocolates are too rich and I just cannot handle it without some contrasting taste. Milk or ice cream are the perfect compliments to overwhelmingly fantastic chocolate. Especially when it is cold and hot coming together, like a warm brownie melting cool ice cream.

    I agree, animals are really missing out. Then again, knowing how I am with chocolate, a person would be pretty lucky if I was to share my chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had the opportunity of experiencing the chocolate festival. It seemed like a really great experience, except the animal part. As I read your blog, I felt dismayed that animals are harmed if given a bite of chocolate. Sometimes I wondered if humans were prevented from eating chocolates. What life that would be? A world without chocolate is like a world without food. We practically live off these sweet sensations. But then again, for both animals and humans, it’s quite unhealthy to consume too much all at once. Often, humans can get diabetes for eating too much sweets. But there are also healthy alternatives to chocolates , like dark chocolates. These specific chocolates contain a lot more cocoa and are eventually a healthier choice.

    -Stephanie Sangalang-

    ReplyDelete