Sunday, February 22, 2009

Salts

Last week my friends and I had a Brazilian Barbeque party at my friend’s house. The weather was perfect for us to stay outside and eat some meat. My friend was cooking the meat and everyone was all around the cooking place waiting until the meat is all done. We were arguing about how much salt we have to put in to make the meat taste the best. One of my friends, Sam, was putting the salts into the meat. Everyone was asking if he was putting the right amount of salts and he responded yes confidently. After all the meats were all cooked, it came out to be perfect.

Almost every food that is cooked needs an ingredient to make the food taste better. To make a cooked food taste better, you might need to add some salt in there: meats, soups, fishes, and more. Salt is very essential in our life. If we do not have salt, many of the cooked food that we eat would probably have no taste to it. If you go to some famous restaurants, one of the key elements about the meal is the amount of salt they put into the cooked meals. Little amount of salt could change the flavor from good to just okay meal.

Salt is made by evaporating the seawater and collecting what is remained from the evaporation. Even though it takes a lot of efforts to get the fine salts, salts are cheap because they are minerals. Minerals are priced cheap because we all need it. Salts are needed in our body for optimal body functions. After thinking about the salt so much, I went again and looked up salt at online. It came out to be that taking too much or too little salt into our body could to some serious damage. You can get muscle cramp, dizziness, or neurological problems with having excessive or insufficient amount of salt. I did not know that only little tiny salt could do such serious damage. Next time I eat something that is cooked, I better watch out for how much salt I am taking it into my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment